If you are planning to travel abroad, then you must have a passport. No person can travel abroad without a passport. Online passport applying service is available in India, now you will not have to make 10 rounds of passport office to get passport made. You can easily apply online sitting at home. It is only necessary for you to have your original documents, which you have to get verified by visiting your nearest Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office. By applying online, you will not have to spend much of your time in the passport office. So let’s know how to apply passport online.
How to apply for a passport online in India
Through the Passport Act 1967, different types of passports or documents related to foreign travel such as diplomatic passport, ordanary passport, government passport emergency certificate and identity certificate are issued by the Government of India in the form of identification. Passport ensures your citizenship and your identity while traveling abroad or abroad.
By giving information about the process of online passport application in India, it is important to know that it is mandatory to have your original documents, which you have to get verified by visiting your nearest Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office. You have to visit Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office within 90 days of applying for passport through online medium.
Documents Required for Passport
You may need the following documents to get a passport –
- Aadhaar Card
- Pan Card
- Voter ID Card
- Birth certificate
- 10th marksheet
- Electricity bill
- Water bill
- Mobile number
- Ration card
- Bank passbook details
- Passport size photo
How to Apply for Passport – Steps for applying Passport Application
- First of all you have to visit www.passportindia.gov.in official website of online service passport.
- Here go to the Passport Seva portal and click on the Register Now link.
- After that enter your name, nearest passport office, mobile number, your email id, date of birth and login id.
- After filling the details, you have to type Captcha characters and then tap on Register button.
- After verifying the email, now login to the Passport Seva Portal with your registered login ID.
- Now click on the link Apply for Fresh Passport/ Re-issue of Passport etc. It is worth noting here that only those candidates can apply for fresh passport who did not have an Indian passport before. If you had a passport earlier, you can apply for a passport under the Reissue category.
- Now fill all the required information in the form and then click on submit option.
- After that go to View Saved/Submitted Applications.
- Here you have to click on Pay and Schedule Appointment link. You will then be able to schedule your appointment for the Passport Office. You have to pay for the appointment through online mode only.
- Now click on the Print Application Receipt link and take a print out of the Application Receipt.
- After this, reach the passport office on the day of appointment and later you will have police verification. After verification, the passport will come home by Speed Post.
Passport Fees in India – PASSPORT FEE STRUCTURE
|Sr. No.||Service Required||Application Fee||Additional Tatkaal Fee|
|1||Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport including additional booklet due to exhaustion of visa pages (36 pages) of 10 years validity.||Rs.1,500/-*||Rs.2,000/-*|
|2||Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport including additional booklet due to exhaustion of visa pages (60 pages) of 10 years validity.||Rs.2,000/-||Rs.2,000/-|
|3.||Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport for Minors (below 18 years of Age), of 5 years validity or till the minor attains the age of 18 whichever is earlier (36 pages)||Rs.1,000/-||Rs.2,000/-|
|4.||Replacement of Passport (36 pages) in lieu of lost, damaged or stolen passport||Rs.3,000/-||Rs.2,000/-|
|5.||Replacement of Passport (60 pages) in lieu of lost, damaged or stolen passport||Rs.3,500/-||Rs.2,000/-|
|6.||Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)||Rs.500/-||NA|
|7.||Replacement of Passport (36 pages) for deletion of ECR / Change in personal particulars (10 year validity)||Rs.1,500/-||Rs.2,000/-|
|8.||Replacement of Passport (60 pages) for deletion of ECR / Change in personal particulars (10 year validity)||Rs.2,000/-||Rs.2,000/-|
|9.||Replacement of Passport (36 pages) for deletion of ECR/ Change in personal particulars for Minors (below 18 years of Age), of 5 years validity or till the minor attains the age of 18 whichever is earlier.||Rs.1,000/-||Rs.2,000/-|
Q: How to make passport online?
Ans: Through the official website of Passport Seva, you can make online passport very easily.
Q: How much is the passport fee?
Ans : 2000RS
Q: What is passport used for?
Ans: Passport is used as identity for traveling abroad.
Q: What is the validity of a normal passport?
Ans: The validity of normal passport is 10 years.
Also, Read More: –